The country’s only M&A advisors focused exclusively on the pet industry.
BirdsEye Advisory Group delivers best-in-class M&A advisory services to pet industry entrepreneurs, family-owned businesses and private equity firms. Our nimble and highly experienced team allows us to deliver the same professional service you would get from a larger, middle-market M&A advisor, but with much more hands-on attention from senior leadership. We are relationship-based and laser-focused on a successful outcome for our clients.
Pet Industry M&A Advisors
Carol Frank’s experience participating in the sale of four of her own pet companies combined with being a CPA/MBA gives her a one-of-a-kind perspective as a pet industry M&A expert. Since becoming an M&A advisor in 2009, Carol has participated in dozens of pet industry M&A transactions. Please note that BAG does not engage in raising capital for startup or early stage companies.
Exit Planning Strategists
Are you considering the sale of your company within the next few years and want to ensure you will receive maximum value? BirdsEye Advisory Group will work with you through our highly sophisticated exit planning process to ensure your business will be ready when the time comes.
- Assistance with selling or acquiring a pet business from strategic analysis and due diligence to customized marketing, negotiation and execution
- Participated in over twenty pet industry M&A transactions
- Transaction size sweet spot is $25-$75 million
- Benefit from the unique perspective of someone who has founded and sold four pet companies
- Has held Series 79 and 63 licenses
- Certified Exit Planning Advisor
- Provide business, financial and personal assessments for pet businesses in conjunction with a business valuation in order to gauge readiness for business sale
- Identify areas for improvement and provide Prioritized Action Plans
- Collaborate with owners and their management teams as they implement value enhancement activities to increase the multiple they can receive when the company goes to market
Why Choose BirdsEye?
- 50+ combined years in the pet industry
- Provides clients unsurpassed insiders’ knowledge
- Veteran owners of retail, distribution, manufacturing and consulting companies
- Strong interpersonal skills have resulted in raving client reviews
- MBA’s who understand both finance and the pet industry
- Certified Mergers and Acquisitions Advisor (CM&AA) and Certified Exit Planning Advisor (CEPA)
What’s Driving the Flurry of Private Equity-backed Mergers & Acquisitions?
2021 was a record year for M&A, which I’m sure no one would have predicted at the start of the pandemic. Driving this activity was low interest rates, a huge amount of capital that needed to be deployed by investors, and incredibly robust tailwinds for the pet...
What is Behind the Robust Pet Industry Acquisition Activity….and Will It Continue?
“We are having our best year ever.” “We can’t keep enough product in stock to satisfy demand.” “We just had another record month.” These are among the many quotes I hear from pet companies across all spectrums of our industry. While COVID has wreaked havoc...
Access to Capital: How does a small but growing pet company find capital?
One of the most common questions that I get as an M&A specialist in the pet industry is “How can I find capital to grow my business?” Growing a pet products company takes access to cash as you build your inventory and accounts receivable. Ironically, the faster...